- Always wash your face with a mild soap or facial wash. My favorite to use on my face is baby bath. Not only is it mild, it gets all of the dirt and makeup off.
- Exfoliate a few times a week to remove dead skin. There are many products out there you can buy for this purpose, but I like to get mine right out of my kitchen. I mix a bit of baking soda (just a tiny bit will do) with my face cleaner, then use as I normally would.
- Tone. Again, there are many toners available to buy, but again, I get mine right from my kitchen. I fill a small bottle with half water and half Apple Cidar Vinegar. Then apply as any other toner. I have also grated a cucumber then used the juice as a toner, and like that as well.
- Moisturize. Although there are many, many, many choices at the store, I choose to save my money. I instead invest in many aloe vera plants. I just cut off a leaf and use that in place of moisturizer. In my opinion, it works better than pricey moisturizers. If you can't find any aloe plants anywhere, you can get a bottle of aloe from your local health food store.
- Using a mask once or twice a week also helps. There are masks available, depending on your skin type. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. One "mask" I have found that works for me is plain honey. Yep, the kind you buy at the grocery store. I just warm it a bit, then apply to my face, then rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
It can seem like a lot, but the only things you need to do every day (morning and night) is cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Once you get into a routine of doing it, it will take all of 5 minutes to do. When doing the mask, whichever you decide on, do something relaxing for yourself for those 15 or so minutes, like read, or watch your favorite television show.