Thursday, December 31, 2009
Chocolate Lovers is the new Scent of the Month for the month of January.
But this is no ordinary chocolate scent. Chocolate Lovers is a fusion of Lemon, Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin, Lily of the Valley, and Coriander; emerged with notes of sweet chocolate, warm vanilla, and musk. It is a soft, sweet, floral, chocolate blend.
Be sure to get your favorite Enchanted Potions products in this scent before it's gone. Chocolate Lovers is only available January 1st to January 31st!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
- Blueberry with Vanilla
- Blackberry with Vanilla
- Banana with Coconut
- Lavender with Vanilla
- Lavender with Rose
- Chocolate with Strawberry
- Chocolate with Banana
- Strawberry with Vanilla
- Rose, Lilac, Jasmine, Orange, and Vanilla
- Lavender and Chamomile
Sunday, December 27, 2009
The following lip balms come in .15 oz plastic screw up tube, are 100% all natural, and certified organic and vegan.
- Banana Split
- Cherry Bubblegum
- Grape Bubblegum
- Peppermint Twist
- Raspberry Sherbert
You can check out these great lip balms, along with Affordable Mineral Makeup's™ other great products at www.affordablemineralmakeup.com/crystalneedy.html.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
So what is the difference and why purchase Enchanted Potions lotion when you can buy lotion locally and get it quicker? Your body will thank you, that’s why! Many name brand lotions sold in department stores contain Mineral Oil. Mineral Oil is petroleum based (think crude oil you put in your car). Do you really want that on your skin? The mineral oil is why your favorite lotion feels so greasy on your skin. The greasier it is, the more mineral oil it contains. Our lotion contains Vegetable and nut oils that are friendly to your skin. They are nourishing to your skin and you won’t feel that greasy residue because your skin will absorb these oils and actually use them to help your skin, not just hide the dryness problem.
Check out all the lotions, with their ingredients and available scents here.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Great as gifts for men, women, and children. Or just pamper yourself!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Shop Sunday 12/13 through Tuesday 12/15 at Affordable Mineral Makeup™ and get 12% OFF! coupon code: 12days
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ lip balms still on sale. They make great stocking stuffers!
Friday, November 27, 2009
- Wear it on your eyes, alone, or over your favorite shade.
- Dip your mascara wand into the minerals for a nice sparkle on your lashes.
- Use as a highlighter
- Mix with clear nail polish to create a beautiful shade of polish
- Dip clean, small toothbrush into a bit of minerals and lightly brush into hair for a nice gold shimmer.
Available in 9 different sizes
Monday, November 23, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Additionally, Affordable Mineral Makeup™ will be donating 11% to the USO (http://www.uso.com/) to support our troops!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
To sign up:
- Go to http://www.affordablemineralmakeup.com/bizopp.html
- Fill out the agreement form, putting Crystal Needy as your sponsor
- Click the "Buy Now" button
- Use voucher code: 112009, then hit recalculate for the $5 to be taken off
- Submit payment info
Benefits of joining the Affordable Mineral Makeup™ family can be found here. Remember to join before 11/15/09 and use the above voucher code to receive your $5 off!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Commemorating International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict, which is November 6th. You can find more info at http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/environment_war/index.html and at http://www.greencrossinternational.net/
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ is donating 10% of profits from this sale to Green Cross International
Plus, you're eligible for a 'bonus' if you put in the comments section one fact from either of the above sites
Monday, November 2, 2009
Cactus is a pearlescent green brown shade. Wonderful on eyes.
- Sample (approximately .2 g in baggie)
- 1 g net weight in baggie
- 5 g sifter jar (1 g net weight)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Several mineral makeups list Bismuth Oxychlroride as an ingredient. While Bismuth does occur naturally in the Earth (and chemically resembles Arsenic), it isn't economical to mine it. To make meet the demands for it, it is created as a by-product from refining lead and copper. The Bismuth then undergoes processes to become Bismuth Chloride. Neither the Bismuth nor the Bismuth Chloride is safe to use. It then undergoes even more processes before becoming Bismuth Oxychloride. Therefore, it is not a natural ingredient. Other reasons to stay away from this ingredient:
- It can clog your pores
- It is known to irritate your skin
- Can cause cystic acne
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
- Bismuth Oxychloride
- Petrolatum Based Oils
- Ferric Ferrocyanide
- Rice Powder
We will take a more detailed look at these ingredients later on.
Friday, October 23, 2009
You can easily and inexpensively clean your brushes.
- Dampen the bristles with warm water.
- Add 1-2 drops of baby shampoo or a gentle facial cleanser. Work into a later.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly with warm water.
- Blot with a towel and shape the bristles into their original shape.
- Lay flat on towel and allow to air-dry.
Please remember to keep your brushes flat when cleaning them. Never point the handle down. Doing so can cause the water to loosen the glue on the handle.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Exfoliating your lips removes dry cells, making your lips smoother. You can do this by gently massaging your lips with warm water and a very soft toothbrush. Or you can make a simple paste with brown sugar and a few drops of water. Gently massage the paste onto your lips, then rinse with plain water.
Keep your lips moisturized. After exfoliating, apply a thin layer of a light lip balm. I also like to use Vitamin E oil. No lip balm or Vitamin E oil? I have been known to use a light layer of olive oil when I'm out of them.
Your lips will not only look better, they will feel better.
After applying my foundation, I apply my blush as normal. Then I use my blush to give just a hint of colors on my eyes. I follow up with a swipe of masacra on my lashes. Then end with applying lip balm.
I personally use Light Beige Foundation, Cool Kiss Blush, Chocolate Brown Mascara.
New to mineral makeup? The "basics" are a good starting point to try out mineral makeup!
Monday, October 12, 2009
To join, email the following to us to be added to the free birthday club:
- Date of birth (if you don't want to tell us the year, that's fine...just send us month & day)
On your birthday, be on the look out for your birthday gift from Affordable Mineral Makeup™!
Bare Lip Tint
Bare lip tint is a light neutral shade of lip tint.
net weight: approx 3g
comes in clear container as seen in picture
Ingredients:castor oil, organic coconut oil, sun bleached beeswax, castor wax, soybean oil, candellia wax, vitamin e, organic essential oil of sweet orange, mica, iron oxide, titanium dioxide
This is a moisturizing creamy lip balm that's watermelon flavored.
Item Limited Availability
Ingredients:Hempola Hempseed oil, beeswax, sunflower oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, wheatgerm oil, apricot kernel oil, natural flavor, calendula extract, vitamin E
Net Weight: 5g
Friday, October 2, 2009
WAHM's, are you looking for a WAHM forum board to chat and network on that is ACTIVE? If so, then head on over to the Classy Chics WAHM Message Board! Join the board and enjoy all of the following!
- No spam on our message boards
- All members are female (sorry, but no guys allowed)
- Numerous Direct Sales Company threads, business forums, general chit chat forums, entertainment forums, & more!
- Contests where you can win great prizes donated by women who work from home!
- Place your business opportunity ad or product sales specials in the appropriately marked threads.
- Direct Sales & WAH tips from those with experience!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Also, Affordable Mineral Makeup™ normally donates 10% of profits to a variety of organizations. On orders placed between now and Septemeber 7, an additional 10% from your order will be donated to one of the following organizations. And you get to make the choice!
Heifer.org ~ helping end hunger
Way FM ~ christian radio
Compassion International ~ Releasing children from poverty
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital ~ finding cures, saving children
To save 10%, use coupon code laborday09. In the comments section of the order form, type in which of the above you would like your 10% donated to.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- Always wash your face with a mild soap or facial wash. My favorite to use on my face is baby bath. Not only is it mild, it gets all of the dirt and makeup off.
- Exfoliate a few times a week to remove dead skin. There are many products out there you can buy for this purpose, but I like to get mine right out of my kitchen. I mix a bit of baking soda (just a tiny bit will do) with my face cleaner, then use as I normally would.
- Tone. Again, there are many toners available to buy, but again, I get mine right from my kitchen. I fill a small bottle with half water and half Apple Cidar Vinegar. Then apply as any other toner. I have also grated a cucumber then used the juice as a toner, and like that as well.
- Moisturize. Although there are many, many, many choices at the store, I choose to save my money. I instead invest in many aloe vera plants. I just cut off a leaf and use that in place of moisturizer. In my opinion, it works better than pricey moisturizers. If you can't find any aloe plants anywhere, you can get a bottle of aloe from your local health food store.
- Using a mask once or twice a week also helps. There are masks available, depending on your skin type. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. One "mask" I have found that works for me is plain honey. Yep, the kind you buy at the grocery store. I just warm it a bit, then apply to my face, then rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
It can seem like a lot, but the only things you need to do every day (morning and night) is cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Once you get into a routine of doing it, it will take all of 5 minutes to do. When doing the mask, whichever you decide on, do something relaxing for yourself for those 15 or so minutes, like read, or watch your favorite television show.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
To redeem this offer, type "free 5" and then your color choice into the COMMENTS section of the checkout page
Monday, July 6, 2009
The following items are on sale, and are marked down to $18.95 from their original price of $20.95 & $21.95!
- Warm Lip Gloss
- Wet Lip gloss
- Cheers Vegan Lipstick
- Babe Lip Gloss
We also have items that are being discountinued, therefore are marked down to a great price!
- Pink Gel Eyeliner normally sells for $10.95, but you can get it for only $6.99!
- Turquoise, Sapphire & Gold Gel Eyeliners normally sell for $10.95, but are currently $8.99!
- Gold Eyeliner Pencil normally $10.99, but is marked down to $5.99!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Our Mini Affordable Mineral Makeup Kit offers:
- An organza bag
- Mini Kabuki Brush
- Five 5g sifter jars of Affordable Mineral Makeup™ of your color choice (you choices can be foundations, multipurposes, blushes, etc...whatever colors of mineral you want!).
Our Full Mineral Makeup Set offers:
- Basic Essentials Kabuki Brush
- one 10g container of foundation of your color choice
- one 5g container of blush of your color choice (blush colors can also be used on lips, eyes, nails)
- one 5g container of multipurpose mineral of your color choice (for eyes, lips, nails, etc)
- one 5g container of shimmering mineral of your color choice
- one 5g container of veil of your color choice
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Kiss is a sheer pearlescent reddish pink shade. You can make it darker by applying it wet. Use on your eyes, cheeks, lips, or nails.
Caffe Latte is a semi matte light neutral latte shade. It is great for eyes or cheeks!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Use the coupon code: schoolsout and it’ll automatically deduct 10% from your order (not including shipping).
- approx. 200 different shades of mineral makeup!
- 19 different lip products that are either organic, vegan, or both!
- 18 different colors of glitter
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals include:
- Mineral Primer
- Matte, Semi-Matte, & Pearlescent Multi-Purpose Minerals
- Shimmering Minerals
- Body Shimmer & Sheen
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ offers all our minerals in 4 different sized jars.
- 5 gram container = 1 gram of mineral makeup
- 10 gram container = 3 grams of mineral makeup
- 20 gram container = 6 grams of mineral makeup
- 30 gram container = 9-10 grams of mineral makeup
We also offer refills bags for for each sized container. In addition, we also offer a Sample Size for those times when you want to try a shade before buying!
Containers are often made based on volume, not weight. For example: the 1 gram jars are sold to us as 5 gram jars because most products that are sold in them weigh more than mineral makeup. We won't tell you or insinuate that we're giving you 5 grams of mineral makeup just because it's in a 5-gram jar. Everything is based on product weight.Some minerals weigh more than others, this is why we hand-fill and weigh every jar.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Apply the primer before applying concealer and foundation to have a smoother finer area to apply the rest of your Affordable Mineral Makeup.
Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Methicone, Silica Spheres, Titanium Dioxide
Available in 9 different sizes!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
All items on sale at Affordable Mineral Makeup™ can be viewed here at any time.
Items currently on sale include:
Gold Eyeliner Pencil and Platinum Silver Eyeliner Pencil, each on sale for $9.99 each! Each pencil comes with a built in sharpener in the lid.
Organic Cotton Drawstring Bag on sale for $7.99! These bags are hand made with USA organic cotton, have a drawstring closure, measure approx: 5" x 7." They're sturdy and great for on the go or using to make a gift set.
Plum Gel Eyeliner, Pink Gel Eyeliner, Turquoise Gel Eyeliner, Silver Gel Eyeliner, and Gold Gel Eyeliner on sale for $8.99 each! Get your gel eyeliner before they run out! Comes in 5 gram jars. Because the intensity of the gel eyeliners, you only need a small dab to achieve the look you want.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Gel Eyeliners are now on sale at Affordable Mineral Makeup™ for only $9.75 each!
- Net wt.: 3g/0.11oz
- Comes in 5 gram jars.
- Because the intensity of the gel eyeliners, you only need a small dab to achieve the look you want.
- Applies excellently with our Pink Synthetic Eye Liner Brush
Our Gel Eyeliners are available in the following colors:
- Gold Gel Eyeliner
- Green Gel Eyeliner
- Purple Gel Eyeliner
- Sapphire Gel Eyeliner
- Silver Gel Eyeliner
- Turquoise Gel Eyeliner
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Cheers Vegan Lip Stick
This vegan lip stick is a neutral light shade. Excellent for most skin tones. Base ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Castor Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Sesame Oil, Avocado Butter, Macademia Nut Oil, Vitamin E (wheat germ based). Color Ingredients: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, may contain Manganese Violet.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Use an eye shadow brush to apply the minerals to your eyes for eye shadows. You can also use as an eye liner if you use an angled eye liner brush. For a more dramatic look, try wetting the brush first!
Use any of Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals as a blush. Just apply along the apples of your cheeks.
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals can also be used for lip color. Simply dip a lip brush into clear lip gloss, then into the loose minerals. Apply to your lips. You can also mix minerals to get the exact shade you want.
To use Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals on your nails, use clear nail polish. Dip the brush into the loose mineral, then paint onto your nails. Because Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals contain no dyes. there is no need for a base coat.
Shimmer/Highlighter can be dabbed onto your cheekbones, shoulders, etc to give an extra shine
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ minerals can also be used for face/body painting. Simply mix a bit of the loose minerals with a dab of water, a dab of your favorite moisturizer, or a dab of aloe. Then use a paint brush to paint on as you would for any face/body paint.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ Buyer's Club has an annual membership fee of $20. You will enjoy all of the same benefits as you normally would ordering from Affordable Mineral Makeup™, along with a savings of 20% on all your orders.
To join the Buyer's Club at Affordable Mineral Makeup™, simply go to the Buyer's Club Page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Pay Now button. You will be taken to a payment page to start the checkout process. In the comments section, type in you were referred by Crystal Needy.
Monday, May 4, 2009
To sign up, simply go to http://affordablemineralmakeup.com/bizopp.html. Fill out the Consultant Agreement, then click on the Pay Now button. When directed to the payment page, use the word may09 int he voucher section, hit Recalculate, and continue on to pay.
This offer is only good only from now until midnight, Sunday, May 17th!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
And remember, May 10 at midnight is the last day for our Mother's Day 10% off sale! Coupon code: mothersday09. Affordable Mineral Makeup™
Friday, May 1, 2009
- Blush brush is made with Goat Hair Bristles
- Lip brush and eyeshadow brush are made using Pony Hair Bristles
- The angled brush is made with Nylon Bristles
- The eyeshadow applicator is a foam head
- The ferrules are black aluminum
- The handles are polystyrene.
- The small 5 pc brush set comes in a clear PVC plastic pouch.
- Set is approximately 4" long.
View this brush set, and other brushes, at http://www.affordablemineralmakeup.com/crystalneedy.html
You can win $50 Teen Mineral Makeup/Affordable Mineral Makeup gift certificate at The Green Teen Book Release Party here.
The Green Teen’s official book release party is underway RIGHT NOW on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/TheGreenTeen. Head on over to win a free copy of the book and other awesome eco-prizes!
This is going on from 9 am EST until 9 pm EST today, May 1, only!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ fundraisers do not have a set up fee. They are done strictly online for environmental reasons. You will get a personalized URL with your group information on it. This URL is where orders will be placed. Your organization will get 25% of whatever you sell!
For more information, please visit our page about Fundraising here
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ Gift Certificates make the perfect gift for any woman, teen, or tween!
$10, $25, $30, $75, and $100 gift certificates are now available.
To purchase, simply click on the the amount below that you want, and it will take you right to the order page
Thursday, April 23, 2009
If this sounds like something for you, please sign up using the following link, using me, Crystal Needy, as the person who referred you.
We have three options (one of which is free) http://www.affordablemineralmakeup.com/bizopp.html
Two consultant options: One quota, one non quota:
As a consultant:
- Commissions from 20%-40%
- 7% commissions on your immediate down line
- Build your own kit. Why get a premade kit with items/shades you may not want
- Most orders get shipped out the next business day after ordering (sometimes same day) except on weekends or holidays
- Wider product selection that other companies
- Consultants have input as to what shades of products are added to the product line
- Notifications throughout order process, including tracking information
- All jars are sifter jars
- Yahoo group for support
- Consultants forum/message board
- Files, catalogs, other info easily available to consultants
- Home parties NOT required - but do have a home party plan if you want to
- NO limitations on where you can sell - sell online or offline
- We drop ship for you for FREE - no need to have inventory on hand unless you want to
- All orders are packaged and shipped from OUR warehouse, not a 3rd party
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- Titanium Dioxide which has waterproof and SPF properties while providing a Matte look.
- Mica which has some transparent properties and allows the makeup to go on smoothly.
- Iron Oxides that gives the makeup its pigment.
- Zinc Oxide which is known for its healing properties in problem skin such as rosacea and acne, it has the ability to stay on even while sweating and swimming, as well as offers protection from the sun's harmful UV rays.
- Blue and purple shades of our mineral makeup also contain ultramarine blue
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
- Large variety of colors and sizes (offering over 200 colors and 9 different sizes per color)
- Fast shipping (most orders go out the day after they’re ordered)
- All orders are shipped via Priority mail and customers are emailed shipping information
- Customers are kept updated thru the process (pending, processing, shipped)
- Customers can see all their previous orders
- Customers can view the best selling products from entire site, as well as in each product category
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ accepts ALL credit cards (via paypal or merchant acct) as well as paypal
- Affordable prices for quality product
- Uses a green web server.
- Purchases Carbon Credits via a sister site of ours to offset the carbon footprint generated from shipping orders.
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ does not send out catalogs.
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ has a paperless office.
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ prints on recycled paper.
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ use sorganza bags and other green packaging for most orders (other than for samples and select others which have to be shipped in poly bags -- we are still moving towards locating quality bags that are green to use in lieu of the poly bags for samples)
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ is moving towards use of greener sifter jar containers (locating quality green ones is an ongoing task).
- Affordable Mineral Makeup™ provides product that is natural and contains no chemicals thus offering green product and no chemical backlash to the environment.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ only contain Titanium Dixoide, Mica, Iron Oxides, and Zinc Oxides. The blue and purple shades do also contain ultramarine blue. That's it! Only 4 ingredients more most of the products, and 5 ingredients for the blue and purple shades!
While the "mineral makeup" you find in store contains MANY ingredients. Some of these ingredients are known to clog pores or to be skin irritates. Ingredients like Bismuth Oxycholoride, which in not only a pore clogger but a skin irritant that is related to Arsenic in it's unrefined form! Another in the "mineral makeup" found in stores is Imidazolidinyl Urea, which is a Formaldehyde releasing agent. Another ingredient found in them is Dimethicone, that coats the skin, therefore trapping anything and everything under it, and not allowing the skin to breath. That's almost like putting a sheet of plastic wrap over your face! Yet another ingredient in the "mineral makeup" that you find in stores are Paraben Preservatives such as Methyl, Propyl, Ethyl, and Butyl. These preservatives are known to be toxic if swallowed or inhaled and are known to cause irritation to eyes and skin.
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ does NOT contain any of these skin irritants!